Tuesday 24 April 2012

Masticore

Masticore
You play this, you're gonna have a bad time. There are no redeeming factors to this card, and I have no idea why they made it a Mythic Rare! "It combos great with Training Grounds!". Not really. It does trade mana for damage on a 1:1 basis, but I'd prefer to mill people (Ambassador Laquatus), double my cheap spells (Izzet Guildmage), or maximize my +1/+1 counters (Gilder Bairn) for that 1 mana. The regen is nice, but, oh wait, that means you have to keep discarding to keep this thing around longer! There are so many more things that are better than this thing. I'm pretty sure that its Mythic status proves that Wizards blindly follows whatever the hell people say on the forums as a proper litmus test of what the average Magic player thinks, and that's kind of sad. The only positive thing I can say about it is that it'll hurt when Flung.

Pros: Doesn't die to Terror, hurts when flung, does deal some damage.
Cons: Makes you discard cards, abilities are over-costed, pointless to keep around
Rating: 0.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment