Friday 7 March 2014

Akroma, Angel of Wrath

Akroma, Angel of Wrath
In honour of International Women's Day today, I thought I'd look at what many (myself included) see as the iconic woman of Magic. Sure, you could easily make arguments for Hanna, Ship's NavigatorBraids, Cabal Minion, or Mirri, Cat Warrior but I think that Akroma is usually the first woman people think of when they hear "women in Magic". So, is this card worthy of being the embodiment of women in Magic?

In short, yes. In long, yesssssssssssssss. This card is really great. It's fast, it hurts, and it has protection from most removal. The only real problem that I have with this card is the triple white in the cost. I'd rather see this at 7WW as opposed to 5WWW. That way, this card could show up in more than just mono-white 60-cards and white-heavy EDH decks. Other than that, this card is amazing.

Pros: Almost too many keywords, powerful
Cons:Triple white in cost
Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment