Saturday 20 October 2012

Training Drone

Training Drone
I grabbed a playset of these guys in draft and was pretty happy. I didn't win the overall draft, but I did quite well in individual games. Just by looking at it, a lot of people will dismiss this card because it "doesn't do anything". However, whenever I play one of these guys and put a Viridian Claw, a Shuko (if I'm playing causal), or a Sword of Feast and Famine, my opponents usually sing a different tune since I now have a big 'n' beefy creature for fairly cheap. In a green ramp deck, this guy can usually come out on turn 2 and, if equipped right, will be a minimum 5/4 on turn 2 for 4 mana. Turn 2! But, I will admit that this card is wholly dependent on what equipment you have on the field. A Skinwing, for example, will result in this card being a 6/6 flier for 13 which is just too expensive. However, in a properly built deck, this card can be a bomb.

Pros: Can be big 'n' beefy if equipped right, cheap
Cons: Requires good equipment, useless without equipment
Rating: 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment