Tuesday 18 September 2012

Rend Spirit

Rend Spirit
NOTE: Just an update for my readers; I apologize for my lack of regular posts, but I've had a lot of work to do recently. But, now that that's done, I should be posting more often.

So, funny story behind this card. A friend of mine thought that this card was actually Rend Flesh, so he put a copy in his EDH deck. Needless to say, he was very sad when he tried to kill my Goblin Sharpshooter... Now, when you compare this card to its counterpart (Rend Flesh), you realize that this card is pretty bad. There are only 368 Spirits out of 6548 creatures, meaning that this card affects 6% of all creatures in Magic (not including tokens). That percentage is not very good. Since the printing of Murder, I'd honestly be surprised if I saw anyone use a deck with this card effectively or at all. Now, I will admit that in block this card was pretty good since Kamigawa had a lot of Spirits, but outside of block it's terrible.

Pros: Not colour-dependent creature destruction
Cons: Can only target 6% of creatures
Replacement: Murder
Rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment