Monday 11 March 2013

Souldrinker

Souldrinker
This card... this card... what do I say about this card? I like the fact that you can pump your life into it in order to deal extra damage (in case it gets through once and you have a shot at finishing off your opponent), but I don't like the fact that it costs 3 life to do it. However, I do like the fact that it's +1/+1 counters as opposed to just being until the end of the turn (that way, you can be funny with cards like BioshiftGhave, Guru of Spores, and Ooze Flux), but the fact still remains that it costs 3 life per counter! If this were printed today, it would probably cost phyrexian black for the ability, and I'd be okay with that since the base cost of the creature is 4. It would probably be a mythic rare due to: "one black mana: put a +1/+1 counter on this card" but it'd be better than this. Unless you're running some serious lifegain, I'd skip this card.

Pros: Funnels your life into +1/+1 counters
Cons: Base cost of 4 for a bear, costs 3 life for each +1/+1 counter
Rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment